Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The green challenge

Some time before Christmas we were watching a programme about how easy it was to "green up" your life by taking small steps such as making sure you separate your trash (paper, card, cans, bottles, etc), compost your garden waste and - a first for programmes like this in my experience - take more care in the retail environment about how much "stuff" you buy, and where from.

The presenter, who was clearly well into the whole green agenda, announced "I challenged myself to go a whole year without buying any new clothes."

We looked at each other for a split second and then both fell about laughing. I must be about the greenest person on the planet in this respect as I seriously can hardly remember the last time I bought any new clothes. Had it not been for our recent trip to Toronto, it would certainly have been more than a year ago. Fashion victim I am not.

No comments: