Thursday, March 15, 2007

Unexpected praise

Another long day yesterday filled with minor travelling irritations (no power in my coach on the train journey down, so could only use my laptop for an hour; one of the escalators at Euston was being rebuilt, so huge queues to get down to the Tube; trains on the Victoria line were absolutely packed, so it took three goes before I was able to board, for the privilege of being crushed to bits for four stops; no power in my coach on the train journey back, but remembered to turn my screen brightness down, so this time my battery lasted the whole journey, but sadly there was no control to turn down the volume on the woman sitting behind me who talked non-stop the entire journey) so it was a very pleasant surprise to arrive home to an email from one of the bosses at Shiny Media addressed to all the writers at TV Scoop.

"I just wanted to drop you a line and remind you all of just how much you rock," she wrote, before continuing with: "... yours has always been one of my favourite Shiny blogs. You (as a group) are some of our funniest and most talented writers, [and] you have managed to put together a sparky, intelligent, and funny blog enhanced by the fact that you spend half your time disagreeing with each other."

She closed with: "You're beyond fab, and I wanted to make sure you knew it."

What a grand way to end the day! Click here if you want to see what all the fuss is about.

No comments: