Thursday, March 26, 2009

Midsummer Night's Dream


Another full day's painting - second coat of white undercoat - left us with just enough time to grab a bite to eat before heading off to the local church hall to take the photos for Chorlton Players' latest production A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I'm not a huge fan of Shakespeare and much of the first scene left me cold, but once we moved onto the fairy scenes I began to appreciate the narrative a little more but also to revel in the wonderful costumes and makeup that the group had devised. This was a dream for a photographer and I think Paul had a lot of fun too, judging by how many shots he took.

A relatively early finish (around 10pm) was followed by the usual long session of winnowing out the best pix, correcting any errors and assembling posters to be stuck up around the entrance to the show tomorrow night. All this after a long day's painting means I am really ready to collapse into bed.

No comments: