Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good morning! This is your early morning call

Sunday. 7.45am. Not the time of day (or even day of week) you'd normally expect to receive a phone call from your mother. Especially one that goes: "I tried to call you yesterday and got a message saying 'the number you have dialled is not recognised' so I thought you'd emigrated to Canada and not told me."

Closely followed by the recently popular "I thought I was going to have to change my will."

Not sure if this is deliberate, but there's been an awful lot of talk of changing wills lately. As if the spectre of the loss of my (almost certainly enormous - *koff*) inheritance will be enough to make me toe the line and behave in a more dutiful fashion (by her reckoning).

Sheesh.

1 comment:

Blythe said...

I love how you tagged this with "shit my mum said". Deviates from the norm with that tag but even so... I guess it IS shit your mum said.

Ahh. I don't understand how you're supposed to be more dutiful. xD This made my day.