Monday, September 01, 2008

I Submit!

Here we go then. Having spent a good part of the weekend knocking my synopsis into shape - the final (final) (no, really) stage of preparing my novel for submission - I composed my first email query letter and, after checking it about 50 times for spelling, grammar, panache, zizz, fizz and whizz, I closed my eyes and pressed Send.

There will come a time, and it's probably not too long in the future, when this process will become... well... just a process. But the first time? Equal measures scary and exciting. A bit like the first time you make love without contraception.

Then Nikki pointed out it's Labour Day in the States (my first submission is to a New York agency) so it probably won't be read until tomorrow. Now I really do feel like a pricked balloon. Or, to continue the lovemaking metaphor, a burst condom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll make a 'baby' ;o)

Gloria Horsehound said...

The first time is always the worst.

Anonymous said...

Well done on hitting send.

Best of luck!

Tvor said...

Well done and i'll keep my bits crossed. Yes Monday was a holiday but maybe that just means your email will be one of the first ones in the queue!

Unknown said...

It seems to me very fitting to have your first submission letter sent on Labour Day. Your book was of course, a labour of love!