Thursday, September 18, 2008

Now I feel like a REAL writer!

Opened up my email this morning to be greeted by my first two rejections. One a form letter from a big New York agency, the other a rather more polite personal rejection from a slightly smaller New York agency.

It's funny, but no matter how many times I was told by large numbers of people that rejection is part and parcel of being a writer, there was always that glimmer of hope that I'd be snapped up by my very first query (strictly speaking that's still possible: the rejections came from my 3rd and 6th queries respectively). Let's put a positive slant on it though: at least it proves my queries reached their destination (lol) and were considered, even if only briefly.

This is but the start of the process. Time to bang out some more query letters...

1 comment:

Gloria Horsehound said...

No matter how uncomfortable the ride we still want to get on.
Take the negative replies as dips and swerves rather than crashes.
There is no better thrill than expectation.
Roll up roll up...
Hark at me the great philosopher.