Friday, April 02, 2010

22:22

I've been meaning to post on this for a while, but tonight brought further impetus to the subject as the PVR went into standby and switched over from displaying the channel to telling the time.

22:22

If I was a statistician, or even moderately masterful at mathematics, I could probably (see what I did there?) work out the chances of one of these "significant" time patterns being visible for any given time you glance at a clock. But that would take all the magic out of it.

Fact is, it feels like it happens to me more often than simple statistics would suggest. I regularly get up in the night (no prizes for guessing why) to greet the bedroom clock showing what I'd call a notable time. 1:01. 2:34. A little while ago - the events that originally prompted me to write on the subject - I woke one morning at 1:11, the following morning at 2:22 and the day after that at 4:44. Don't ask me where 3:33 went. I felt like I'd skipped a day.

2 comments:

Gloria Horsehound said...

It's funny you mention '34' because whenever I'm unfortunate enough to wake in the night it's always 3:34. At first I thought it was just co-incidence but after several 3:34s I began thinking something spooky might be going on.But I quickly rid myself of such notions comforting myself with the fact that if something out-of-this-world WAS happening I wouldn't be lucky enough to witness it.
By the way I didn't need the bathroom.


I glanced at my mobile yesterday and it read 11:11. Ok?

Blythe said...

Nine nine niiiiine!

I don't even remember what that program was about. Also, whats the difference between program and programme?

Anyway yeah I get that as well, maybe its just because you're more inclined to think it's significant to you and you're not boring so because you've woken up you think about all the weird and wonderful (hohoho do u c wut i did thar, to combat your probably probability master pun) things that could have meant you got up at the time that you think is significant. Then you've stimulated your brain so much you can't get back to sleep again. :D It is better than being boring and just groaning about waking up, you delight in the time instead.