Friday, March 30, 2012

Delivery

We bought a bed.

We do already have one, obviously, but we'll soon be moving up in the world and need a new one to complete the image of high living. So with mates entertainment planned for Easter weekend, we figured we may as well buy the bed early. As promised, the delivery driver called today to confirm that we're on his list for next week.

"You're down for the Tuesday morning delivery. We'll be there before 1."

I thanked him and rang off. When you're talking to a pedant of over forty years' standing, it pays to be careful. Strictly speaking, he's committed to delivering our bed between midnight and 1am next Tuesday morning. I'm sure he didn't realise what he'd said, but I've made a note of his mobile number and I'll be calling him at 2am next Tuesday to find out why he's an hour late.

3 comments:

ChiaGwen said...

OK, I've waited long enough...how is that new bed and was it actually delivered??

Digger said...

LOL, yes, I have been a bit dilatory on the blogging front of late. Bed arrived at the appointed hour and was carried up two flights of stairs, unpacked AND assembled by the delivery men. We slept on it twice during the mates' visit and now we have to keep it carefully under wraps while I finish the decorating in the other side of the room (and more workmen attend to replace all the roof windows with new Veluxes)!

ChiaGwen said...

Thanks, one less thing for me to worry about. I had visions of your next blog detailing the incompetence of the delivery men and the bed being totally unsuitable - glad they weren't and it's not.