Sunday, January 14, 2007

The party of the first part

I love partying, especially in the company of delightful women. Naturally, I'm always in the company of at least one delightful woman, but tonight we attended a party thrown by Simon (one of our friends from Chorlton Chapters) along with around half a dozen of the Chapters laydeees. What a lovely bunch they are and it was great to have the chance to meet some of their partners too.

Simon does a unique line in parties. Salsa dancing in one room and karaoke in the other. It will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me that I gravitate to the latter, much to Nikki's occasional irritation ("can't we mingle?"..."we are mingling - there's lots of people in the karaoke room!") but it was, as usual, a whole heap of fun, especially later when the girls got going with the singing AND dancing.

And Nikki sang!! Woohoo!! Carpenters Superstar. She'll never again be able to tell me she can't sing.

We left at 2am - personally I could have stayed another hour or so :o) - but what a great night. Thanks, Simon. I only hope our housewarming party this coming May can match your high standard! (Even without the salsa)

No comments: