Friday, April 27, 2007

We have a shower!

It has seemed like an age (in fact it was here - exactly three weeks ago) since I wrote anything about our bathroom refit. You must have been wondering what's been happening! Nothing, is the answer. We've been waiting for the replacement shower glass, and the initial estimate of a week turned out to be two weeks with a further week's delay before the plumber could arrange to come and fit it.

But I arrived home tonight from Croydon (where I'd had to drive today from yesterday's Coventry trip) shortly before 7pm to find our cheery bathroom man in the middle of fitting it. A couple of hours later and the glass was all in place, the shower fitting was completely assembled, the shower tray had been caulked and I was treated to a short demonstration of how to work all those lovely chrome-and-porcelain knobs and dials.

Brilliant. We have to leave it around 24 hours for the sealant to cure but tomorrow, finally after all this waiting, I'll be able to have my first proper shower in this house.

No comments: