Sunday, June 10, 2007

Paint...paint on

As luck would have it, I reached the end of the second 10-litre bucket of slimy magnolia this afternoon with only about eight square metres of wall left to paint. Still, I figured, the whole room needs another coat of primer, so I don't need to worry about "contaminating" the trade-quality white emulsion we'd also bought. So I didn't bother washing the roller, or tray, or the paint scoop; I just carried straight on with that. Don't ever let me buy that cheap B&Q emulsion again! What a difference. This white paint is Crown and it goes on like a dream. Roll this way; roll that way and it's covered. I reckon if I'd started off with this I would have completed the entire room in about three-quarters the time it took with the slime. A lesson learned: cheap paint is a false economy.

Another lesson learned is that I don't have the stamina I did years ago. At one time I thought nothing of starting decorating at 8am and working through till 8pm or even later. Now three or four hours is enough to leave me completely knackered.

Still, being knackered gave me chance to sit with my lovely love and enjoy a fabulous tea, and then watch and blog on yesterday's latest episode of Doctor Who. As expected, it was a cracker.

No comments: