Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday Five

We're off to the lighthouse on the Great Orme again this afternoon for another long weekend - a reprise of last year's trip. So it's an early Friday Five this week and then a break in transmission until at least Sunday!

1. What is sweet?
When someone pays you a compliment unexpectedly.

2. What hours do you work?
Irregular. If I'm in the office I usually get in around 8.45 and leave around 4.45 in time to pick Nikki up. Then I may have extra stuff to do in the evening. If I'm travelling to meetings then it's not unusual for me to have to leave the house at 4.45am to catch the 5.20 train, and not get back until after 9pm. I try to avoid working weekends though (and am almost always successful!)

3. When do you relax?
The question implies I'm not relaxed when I'm working, which isn't always true. It also implies a lack of activity, which only ever happens when I'm watching TV or sleeping. I "relax" by doing something I enjoy doing, rather than doing something I have to do. So I'm usually "on the go" with something - writing, marking, researching, housework (cooking, washing up, the usual stuff), decorating, planning, etc, but I rarely feel like I don't have "time to relax."

4. How did you learn about the birds and the bees?
I found a Ladybird book on the bookshelf in a junior school classroom when I was 9 that covered the essentials in a kind of "Janet & John" way. A couple of years later I subscribed to a magazine on human biology that went into much greater detail. Then when I was 17 I found a tutor ;o)

5. Friday fill-in:
The good vibes flow ____.
between Friday at 5pm and Sunday shortly after bedtime.

No comments: