Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bloody Hell

I've had a gmail.com email address for almost exactly two months. Two months and two days, to be precise. I've never, so far, used it for anything. No subscriptions, no web forms, no purchases. I've only even disclosed what it is to very close family and friends, none of whom has ever used it.

I was spammed on it just now.

How does that work then? I only created the bloody thing as insurance against the day (rapidly approaching) when I'd have to abandon my main addresses at johnberesford.com.

It's about time something sensible, serious, and technologically impregnable was done to sort out flippin' spammers once and for all.

1 comment:

Don said...

I've had a gmail address for years now, and although I'm just starting to use it fully (works well with the iPod), I really like it. Haven't been spammed yet (touch wood).
Today I downloaded the add-on that allows phone and video calls. Other people in your contact list have to also have it for it to work, but since Karen's going on holidays, maybe it will come in handy.