Friday, September 10, 2010

Vinyl: In The Land of Grey and Pink

Artist: Caravan
Owned on digital media: Yes
Want to replace: n/a

By the time Caravan released this their third album, they already had a small but dedicated following, but this was really their breakthrough disc and is the one that widened their fan base considerably. Most significantly from a personal perspective, it was my first exposure to the band that were to become firm favourites in my late teens and the first one from whom I bought more than one album.

Even though later supplanted by Genesis in my affections, this remains one of my all-time favourite records. Surprising then that I didn't replace it with a new digitally-remastered version until April of this year, but it was certainly worth the wait. Rediscovering Golf Girl, Winter Wine, Nine Feet Underground and the title track again after not listening to them for over a decade was a total delight.

No comments: