Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Where the bodies are

I love predictive text. I know a lot of people don't get on with it, but it's like any other technology - once you get used to trusting it, it's great. And not only quicker, easier, and - on my phone at least - intelligent (it learns my patterns), but it also occasionally and unintentionally comes up with some real howlers.

Like recently when I was sending a text about 'Andy', the first suggestion the phone came up with was 'Body'. Hardy har har.

3 comments:

Blythe said...

That's all well and good, but when you want to say "Monday" and it comes up with "masturbate" instead, well...

Digger said...

Umm... well... dunno how it works on YOUR phone, but on mine that would be impossible, cos the "Mon" of Monday are all on the same key, so you would never be pressing "a" in second place. If your phone suggests masturbate as soon as you press yer first "m" I'd think seriously about getting it looked at ;o)

Blythe said...

LOL no it's on my friend Michael's smart phone. I... don't know what he's been texting. D: