Thursday, May 22, 2008

Has anyone seen our plasterer?

He was supposed to come by on Monday to quote for replastering the new lounge. We had a call from him about an hour after he was due to say he was completely lost and could we give him directions, which Nikki duly did.

About half an hour later, he called again having misinterpreted the directions and overshot the house by a mile and a half. I gave him remedial directions and we sat back down to await his imminent arrival, since at that point he was only 10 minutes drive away at the outside.

When he still hadn't arrived after another half an hour I called him back, but his phone went straight to voicemail. He never did turn up, and we eventually gave up waiting and had (a very late!) dinner. I assume he'd got lost again and run out of battery on his mobile, but I left him a message yesterday and he's still not got back to us. Maybe he's decided the roads around here are just too confusing and he's not going to risk it again!

On a more successful note, the fitter came to size up the fireplace job and left us with a very clear picture of what to expect and what we needed to do in advance. As an added bonus, he was happy to knock out the old fireplace for just the cost of disposal (£25) so that saves me a lot of sweat and blisters!

3 comments:

Gloria Horsehound said...

Nope, haven't seen him. Maybe he's moonlighting as a plumber, I don't know.
And maybe he's the same chap that was supposed to come and fix my pipes.
Maybe he did turn up and took umbrage at my sign "Please use my back entrance if your boots are dirty"
I just don't know Digger.

Digger said...

See, it's no wonder I get confused. I was always taught that if you used the back entrance, then you already WERE a dirty boots.

Gloria Horsehound said...

You get confused because you're old.