Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blood Moon

Total eclipse of the moonWe spent a delightful evening at Mick & Helen's last night. I guess we could call them our closest friends, because they only live a couple of hundred yards away! During the evening we were lucky to get a fantastic view of the total eclipse. It had already started by the time we walked round there at 8pm, with a noticeable flattening of one edge of the moon, but by 9.30pm a sizeable proportion of the moon had begun to turn red.

At that point we thought we were going to be unlucky as the moon disappeared behind the clouds for an hour or so, but by the time the eclipse was full, around 11.30, the clouds had parted again and we were treated to this view.

The meal was fabulous but the company was even better. It's a perfect set-up: Mick & Helen love to cook, and we love to eat! Annie had made copies of 'Heroes' in DivX format for us, and remembered to bring them round, so I hope I can find a VDU cable somewhere in my bag of goodies so I can connect my laptop up to our media box and we can see the first 16 episodes in glorious 50" plasma. Somehow I don't think there'll be much work done around the house today.

No comments: