Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Attention please!

It never fails to amaze me how unobservant people are. Mostly this occurs to me as they're hovering in front of me in the supermarket, looking this way and that completely oblivious to the fact that I'm behind them and would like to get past, as would 1,700 other people.

The best one though, is when I go to London and travel in one of the many lifts in the building I visit most often.

The number of the current floor is, as it quite usual, displayed on a fetching blue digital panel in the lift.

On arrival at the fourth floor, as well as displaying the number 4 inside the lift, a voice declares loudly "fourth floor."

The doors open and there, on the wall, is a large sign consisting mainly of the number 4.

And almost as sure as night follows day there'll be a passenger who turns to you and asks: "Is this the fourth floor?"

Give me strength.

1 comment:

Tvor said...

and the people that get on the lift, look intently at all the lit up buttons that have already been pressed. And press one of the lit buttons. *shakes head*