Saturday, December 22, 2007

Going for a croak

We'd been invited to a rather original party this evening - karaoke and pancakes. Whoever dreamt that up needs a medal. Combining two of my favourite things with a little wine and good company was bound to be a great evening.

It was a small but select do, and all the better for that. The pancakes, spread as they were with the traditional lemon and sugar and hence reminiscent of my childhood, were superb and seemed to get better throughout the evening (even though I wasn't drinking much, having driven to the party) but the highlight of the evening as always was the karaoke. Brilliant. If I were to have my time over again I'd move heaven and earth to be a professional singer. Just need to sort a few of those cdg files out, eh Annie? One of them was reminiscent of the karaoke we did in Fuertenventura one year. If you hadn't known the words to the song you would have been knackered, as they were appearing on screen a fraction of a second after they needed to be sung. Doh!

No comments: