Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Rained off rip off

A day without action on the roof today, as the weather remained determinedly weathery all day. Here's the rear gable, taken from one of the upstairs Velux windows. These give a totally different perspective on the operation.

From ground level the scaffolding, as I've mentioned before, resembles a huge Meccano set. From above, it simply looks like a path around the top of the house. Maybe if I could cope with getting up there in the first place (and down again, of course) I could be a roofer after all! No?

No, you're right. It's a bit physical. I'll stick with hammering a keyboard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went up ours when we had our roof done - didn't think heights were a problem for me until I did! Good job to get done btw. Expensive and you don't get the immediate impact of a purchase of the same value, but it gives you a sense of security.

Digger said...

Yeah, that's what we figured. We knew we had to bite the bullet after our last roof-related event. Couldn't face investing all that time, effort and money on redecorations only to have it ruined by the rain pissing in all over.

The ceiling on Nikki's side of the study has already started showing signs of damp creeping back through, so I've some patching up to do once the roof is finished.