Monday, August 10, 2009

Query No. 44.

I'm going to have to stop checking my email immediately before bed.

It was incredibly hard to get to sleep last night after that pre-nocturnal check revealed the words:
Thank you for your query. We read it with some interest and would like to see the full manuscript.

Yes, after 43 attempts ended in total disinterest (we're not taking on new clients; this isn't the kind of thing we're looking for; we no longer take email queries), someone finally wants to read my book.

OK, it's a bit early to be breaking out the champagne, but to be honest I feel like I've already had three glasses.

4 comments:

Gloria Horsehound said...

How about pre-breakfast emails?......

So very happy for you Dig. Get drunk on happiness, it's the best feeling ever!

Tvor said...

W00t!!!!

Don said...

Yay John!

Could this be the break? Best of luck to you. Nice to have some interest at last.

cp said...

I see it now, in Great Authors of our Century, there's chapter four: JDiggerJohnB .. "Well, it was another of those 'on the 44th submission situations' I suppose," he smirked, looking at the shelf full of his popular and well reviewed novels and other works. "I recall being so excited I couldn't sleep - I checked my email just before retiring. I stopped doing that upon publication of my third book; somehow it never gets less exciting, does it?" He sipped his favorite cuppa at a table, surrounded by his beloved Girls - Nikki and his daughters....

Hmm. Better stop there .. Just my way of saying it's about time!!! Congratulations!! Well done!! Never give up - your talent and growing skills demand to be appreciated by an admiring public!