Tuesday, August 04, 2009

That syncing feeling

Woke up to a little message from iTunes to say 8 tunes had not been copied because they couldn't be found.

Which, out of 1930 tunes, isn't a bad hit rate, but it still surprised me. I thought I'd sorted everything out. Turned out to be songs from my old "Caraoke" folders (yes, I know it's spelled karaoke. These songs were for listening to in the car. Geddit?) some of which I'd already spotted had been *moved* into the folders from their original locations, rather than copied. Don't ask me why; I must have been having an off day.

Anyway since the magic of playlists means I no longer need duplicates for the purposes of practising my karaoke warblings while on long drives, I'd decided I could delete the Caraoke folders. All three of them. Which explains the missing eight tunes. Damn.

Luckily they're all songs from compilation albums currently gathering dust in the top room. At some stage I'll need to dig them out and re-rip the missing tracks. For now, the other 1922 will just have to keep me going.

3 comments:

Tvor said...

These ipods seem like an awful lot of work

Digger said...

To be fair if you're not bothered about them "looking pretty" with all the album covers in place, or playing album tracks in the order you're familiar with, then you CAN just hook 'em up to your MP3 collection and let 'em rip.

The work comes when, like me, yer a bit anal about this stuff :o)

Tvor said...

If you can just load em upand go without messing around with iTunes, that would be ok.