Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I think I may have left it too late...

...to do the last lawn cut of the year.
It's been snowing pretty much all day here. Last night's temperature fell to -7°C so this lot settled on top of the previous lot, which itself was atop another load. All that makes it the longest and coldest cold snap I can think of since the last time I lived on this road - way back in the winter of 1980/1.

I love it, but only because I'm off this week and - apart from ferrying Nikki to and from work - I don't have to go out in it. These days, snow is best appreciated from behind glass, with the heating turned up.

4 comments:

Gloria Horsehound said...

Behind glass? Heating up?
Northern softie.

Don said...

I agree!
It looks like it did last year here. So far (touches wood) we haven't had any snow that stuck.
Tomorrow could be different. Our minivan drew it's last gasp and died last weekend. Fortunately I was able to find a 500 dollar clunker to at least enable us to have something with four wheels. I still use the old scooter to get to work and back, but this time of year you never know.
The "new" vehicle is a 1993 Suzuki Swift. Had to do front brakes, and still have to fix the exhaust, but seems to run pretty well.
Sorry. Forgot it's your blog. Will shut up now.

Digger said...

LOL Don! Carry on. Would you like guest editing privileges? ;o)

cp said...

What a lovely snap, Jb! But, brrrrr! In Seattle Washington USA it's been balmy by comparison - following a two-week far below freezing spell. At least there was no snow, but ice on the roads was a problem. Which is why I like your idea of watching your piccies behind the glass of my computer screen with a fire sparkling in the fireplace .. :-)