Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vinyl: Bad Company

Artist: Bad Company
Owned on digital media: No
Want to replace: No

Bad Company were one of the favourite bands of a mate I shared a house (and a room) with as a student, and also a regular feature of the "Heavy Rock" discos we used to host on Thursday evenings during our time at UMIST.

I was never that into them, even then, and to be honest I don't remember buying this album, so I suspect it's one of those I "acquired" by virtue of being the Student Union Socials Secretary during my second year. This in itself mired me in controversy, as some of my "friends" held the opinion that albums sent to me as Socials Secretary belonged to the Union, whereas I treated them as a perk of the job (there weren't many!), especially since most of the ones I received were duplicates that had already been sent to the Union addressed simply to "the Socials Committee" or similar, and in any case I was only ever interested in a handful of the stuff that turned up.

In view of the bad feeling this caused towards the end of my student years, it's ironic that I now have absolutely no interest in replacing this album in my digital collection (although I would like to hear it again just once to make sure!).

No comments: