Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vinyl: Olias of Sunhillow

Artist: Jon Anderson
Owned on digital media: No
Want to replace: Yes

Anderson's first solo album and the only one I bought. According to Wikipedia he would go on to record another 12 albums over the 22 years following the release of this one in 1976, but I was never a "completist" (in relation to Anderson at least!) and settled for just this one.

To be honest, in common with much of my vinyl collection, it's so long since I heard this I can hardly remember anything about it, except that I did play it fairly regularly and would appreciate having it as part of my modern collection. It's not on the "buy this urgently!" list - if such a list exists - but if I ever happen across it then I would consider picking it up again.

Currently available on eBay for between a fiver and £17, although no-one seems to be bidding ;o)

1 comment:

Don said...

I saw Yes back in about 1979 or 1980.
I never knew John put out his own album.
I do remember a concert of the bands with Grand Funk Railroad, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, and somebody else I can't remember that was preceded by and unknown English band called Yes. I also remember a lot of people in the audience leaving after Yes left the stage.
I think the feeling was "What could possibly top that?"