Sunday, June 13, 2010

Vinyl: Mirage

Artist: Camel
Owned on digital media: Yes
Want to replace: N/A

Probably my favourite of all the Camel albums I owned, either on digital or vinyl. Includes classic tracks like Mystic Queen ("have you seen the mystic queen, riding in her limousine?"), and the epic Lady Fantasy and Nimrodel/The Procession/The White Rider, which has a Lord of the Rings theme.

It also heavily features Andrew Latimer playing one of my most favourite instruments of all time - the flute. So, adding all this together - flute music, Lord of the Rings, fantasy - what's not to like? Easy to see why I've already replaced it.

2 comments:

Don said...

That's a new one on me, John.
Never heard of them before except for the ciggies of course.

Digger said...

You must have missed my previous "vinyl" post on their eponymous first album, but if you've never heard Camel you've missed a treat Don. They'll be the subject of another three posts in the vinyl category in the near future