Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Vinyl: Moonmadness

Artist: Camel
Owned on digital media: Yes
Want to replace: N/A

The last Camel album on my list, their fourth album and the last to feature the original line-up. In listening to their stuff over again, I find it quite hard to decide on a favourite album of theirs in my admittedly limited collection (they released eight albums I've never heard).

Their third - Music inspired by The Snow Goose - was a favourite for some time even though it doesn't appear in this series of posts on account of me never having owned it on vinyl. It was the first Camel album I owned but I bought it on cassette tape and replaced it directly with the CD almost as soon as it came out. But now I find the typically haunting melodies and lyrics of Moonmadness are bewitching me again. This, along with Mirage, is rapidly becoming the Saturday morning music of choice, and particularly good for winding the wick up so I can still hear it over the sound of paper being scraped off the walls.

No comments: