Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ankle iron

My ankle's a lot better, thanks for asking. When I woke up most of the pain had gone but it was still really stiff, making driving risky (and still painful). So I elected to take another day off sick and make sure I was fully recovered.

Sitting in the conservatory this afternoon reading the Book Club book for this month (To Kill A Mockingbird) I noticed that the clock chimes have started up again. We have a tower clock just across the road from us which chimes the Westminster variety every quarter-hour from first thing in the morning until about 11pm (can't say I've ever noticed exactly when it stops, but it does).

Since we moved in last October, we had no inkling that the chimes would be suspended over the school summer break, but sure enough they stopped in July and we've really missed them during the summer. It's just another example of the things that add to the richness of life around here though, that quirkiness.

By the time I went to pick Nikki up from work, I had almost complete movement back in the ankle so it's definitely back to work tomorrow for me.

No comments: