Saturday, September 01, 2007

Can I stop painting yet?

Forgot to mention yesterday that after paying for the PC, we were trundled over to a man with a clipboard who had to book the stock out of the shop for some reason. I guess it's probably a security thing. Thought I'd mention to him that I had one reserved so he could release it.

"Oh that's OK," he smiled, "those reservations are automatically cancelled after 24 hours." Huh? So because Nikki had made the reservation on Tuesday, if the offer hadn't still been current in the store, we would have lost out! Great system.

Today was mainly another painting day in the study. Second coat on my window; and finishing the first coat on skirting that I'd given up on on Bank Holiday Monday. What with that, and the fact that Nikki had a streaming cold, we didn't get around to unpacking the new PC today. Amazing eh? A year ago that would have been at the top of the priority list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DIY never, ever ends.

Ever.

*sighs*

Digger said...

Except when it morphs into GSI.

*grins*