Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Blue rinse

Well, the Tories are here this week. Party conference. The week has so far been punctuated with various friends posting on various social websites about "Tory scum" and similar pithy observations, and all week I've been building up to some erudite exposition on the subject of enlightened self-interest, public servants and realism.

But you know what? I really can't be arsed.

And on reflection, I still like the idea of fitting every politician with a tiny remote-controlled personal explosive device located somewhere essential, like adjacent to the carotid artery. Said device hooked up to a red button owned by every single person in the country. If more than, say, 60% of people are pressing their button at any one time... kaboom! Or should I say... *phlut* (because it's only a very tiny bomb).

3 comments:

Blythe said...

... So, which end does it Phlut out of 8D?

Don said...

Seems like Brown is having a hell of a time. Being here, I am removed from the reality of what's going on there, of course. Do you think Cameron would be better? Sounds like you're painting all politicians the same. You could be right there. It seems to me that most of our politicians' greatest concern is getting re-elected, and not serving the community.
Perks and big pensions help with that vision, I think. The reason we're given is "How do we attract good people from the business centre if we don't offer them good benefits?"
What to do, what to do.

Digger said...

Brown *deserves* to have a hell of a time. He single-handedly shredded the nation's private pensions to the tune of £5bn a year for more than ten years, and oversaw a massive growth in spending on ever-larger government at the expense of investment in public infrastructure.

No, I don't think Cameron will be better. I don't trust him just like I didn't trust Blair in 97. Both of them are/were saying exactly what they thought we want to hear, and it's all BS.