Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Installing update...

I thought I may have blogged before regarding the frustrations of owning a wireless printer, but a quick search proves me wrong. Well, that's a subject in its own right, but it'll have to wait for another day. It's only tangentially related to today's tale, in that it was the reason I needed to reboot before taking Nikki to work this morning.

Knowing how long it can take my machine to cycle, and wanting to get a letter printed off before we left so I could post it en-route, I started the process with plenty of time to spare. Or what should have been plenty of time.

Sadly my attempt at closing down my PC was greeted with that dreaded message: "Installing update 1 of 21... do not switch off your computer."

1 of TWENTY-ONE? Good grief. How long have they been waiting to be installed? And why the hell doesn't Windows tell you there are so many pending while you're in the middle of a session? Took 45 minutes to close the bloody thing down in the end.

1 comment:

Don said...

Don't get me started.... lol