Friday, March 05, 2010

DIY photo shoot

After a brief discussion about what should appear on the inside front cover of the album, Annie and I deployed our stunning originality to come up with the idea of: a photo of us.

I know. Don't.

After an extended period of dull weather, the sun shone on us yesterday - literally - so we decided to snatch a few moments at lunchtime and take said photo. Only there was just the two of us around. Time to deploy the tripod. Naturally this meant I had to plod up and down the garden, lining up the photo, hurrying back to be in it, trekking back again to check the result, adjusting the angle, trying another pose. I won't need to bother with the first lawn cutting of the season: I've worn it all out.

We took five in all, and as far as either of us could tell from the small screen on my camera, two of them were OK. It was only when they were displayed full-size on our PCs that the truth became apparent. The sunshine, lovely as it was, had caused severe squinting. As in, our eyes appeared to have gone into hiding. Sunken into the depths of our brains.

Another photo shoot will be required, on a marginally less effulgent day. David Bailey never has this problem.

4 comments:

Blythe said...

You said don't... so I won't...

:D Album intestines yay! Or should I say organs, since it's much more musical innard...

Tvor said...

the sun at your back or to the side, with a fill flash. Or in the shade with a fill flash.

Digger said...

I know, but none of those options gave us a decent background. It was worth waiting until the following Thursday - got a good result now :o)

Gloria Horsehound said...

Are we going to see it?