Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Malcolm X's brother

Is alive and well and living in the Slough area.

At least that's the conclusion I came to after noticing another personalised plate this morning on my journey to our (extremely salubrious and well-appointed) offices in Slough. Naturally I expect to see more such plates whenever I travel Darn Sarf, as they are so much posher (not to mention richer) than us up here in Flat Cap and Whippet Land, but even so it's still a pleasant experience when I happen across one as well done as RU55 ELX. It adorned a black, sporty-looking number, and was spaced out to spell RUSSEL X. So nice one, Russell.

By contrast I suffered a dearth of personalised plates on the journey home, but my addled brain (I'd spent six hours in a meeting examining the 3,500 option settings for Microsoft Office 2007. It was a wonder I was still awake at all) did spot AR51 LMA, which I interpreted as "ARSEY LLAMA" - entirely appropriate I thought, given llamas' reputation for being, well, arsey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks John, only 2 years to reply! Glad you liked the plate, I almost feel famous now! Best, Russell.