Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ears burning

I've been neglecting this blog for the last fortnight or so (hence the flurry of updates this morning), but I have an excuse. It is, of course, Storm the Charts, which I admit has been occupying most of my (non-work) attention while I apply, wait to be listed, listen to all the other acts' music (over 300 acts signed up now, and the Facebook group tipped over the 17,000 member mark earlier this morning), and email all my friends - yes, actually. All of them.

So I know I'm responsible for a good couple of dozen members of the group (I saw them sign up after the emails went out) and may even have introduced a few people to the whole idea of Facebook. Not sure that's such a good thing ;o)

It is now indisputable that if every member of the group downloads the same track in the target week, that track will enter the top ten. How cool is that? Of course we're still hoping to do a lot better than that. Not everyone will be able to afford the £40 it would cost them to download ALL 40 tracks, but we should be able to do better than 1.

No comments: