Thursday, July 01, 2010

The Excellent Eight

In response to several (well OK, two) comments wanting me to come clean about which tracks in the Storm the Charts top 40 I'd rated "excellent" I thought I'd make them the subject of a post in their own right, rather than hiding them away in the comments. They are, after all, excellent. According to me at least. And according to several thousand other people too, if their current positions in the Amazon chart are any indication.

I've called this the "excellent eight" but as it happens the top 40 has been subjected to some last minute adjustments on account of a couple of acts not managing to make their work available through the required outlets in time. As a result of this, one of the tracks I didn't consider excellent was replaced by one that I did, so it's actually an "excellent nine" now. Oh well. I'm lucky enough to be able to afford the extra 49p.

49p you say? Don't you mean 79p? Well, maybe. But there's a good chance (I haven't checked) that this extra track is one of the 32 whose price Amazon has dropped this week. Are they supporting the Storm? Who knows, but as they say in retail "every little helps."

Anyway enough of this waffle, here are the tracks I'll be downloading later today, with their artists:

Emily Barker and the Red Clay Halo - Nostalgia.  [listen here] [buy here]

The Lovedays - House of Cards. [listen here] [buy here]

Woodpigeon - ...and as the ship went down, you'd never looked finer. [listen here] [buy here]

Pocket Satellite - Toy Train. [listen here] [buy here]

Olivia Broadfield - Don't Cry. [listen here] [buy here]

Rubika - Robots. [listen here] [buy here]

The Portland Authority - A New Year. [listen here] [buy here]

Penny Black - Green. [listen here] [buy here]

My Luminaries - Parasol. [listen here] [buy here]

1 comment:

Ben Jones said...

Hey Digger John,

I'm Ben from The Lovedays, and just wanted to express my sincere gratitude to you for having supported us in Storm The Charts, I am so glad you liked "House of Cards"...If you email me on thelovedays@live.co.uk I'd be happy to send you some other stuff.

Anyhow, thanks again

Ben