Thursday, August 26, 2010

More bad news on the carpet front

Looks like we'll be camping out in the study even longer than anticipated.

The irony is not lost on me, that I put together a detailed plan to ensure that we'd be on the sofa bed for as short a time as possible. The plumber, the plasterer, and the decorator (me) were planned and scheduled to the nth degree, every day for four weeks, and we all kept rigidly to that plan.

Then, on Monday of this week, the plan fell apart. And today the carpet suppliers inform me that there is no stock of this particular carpet left anywhere in the UK (something I find hard to believe, since they are one of the UK's largest floor covering firms) and we'll have to wait for more to be imported. Due on September 6. I'll believe it when I'm walking on it.

No comments: