Monday, August 02, 2010

Watching plaster dry

It sounds like it should be as boring as watching paint dry, but I can tell you watching plaster dry is much more interesting than that. Every time I walk into the room, the pattern of damp has changed. Receded. It's fascinating, in its own way, and every centimetre of changing colour, from the deep maroony-brown of wet plaster to the clear shining almost-alabaster aspect of dry, brings us that much closer to the day when painting can start. Which, according to my plan, will be Friday.

Yes, I have a plan. We don't want to be camping out in the study for any longer than we can help, so to bring the schedule in in the minimum time requires that things like radiator and carpet fitting are booked in advance, which it turn means we need to know when the wall painting will be complete (for the rad) and when the woodwork will all be done (for the carpet).

Still, no photos yet. I may be sad enough to get some small frisson of excitement from a visibly decreasing patch of damp wall, but I wouldn't dream of suggesting you are too :o)

No comments: