Monday, August 30, 2010

Vinyl: If I Could Do It All Over Again, I'd Do It All Over You

Artist: Caravan
Owned on digital media: Yes
Want to replace: n/a

Caravan's second album, and for me, and many other fans, one of Caravan's finest hours. Ever since I first heard it, the melodic soft-rock organ of Dave Sinclair exhibiting total synergy with the guitars and drums of the other band members have epitomised summer. Playing it at any time of year will always evoke summer, but actually saving it for a gloriously sunny summer's day with the smells of new-mown grass wafting in through the window in counterpoint to the sounds of superlative prog rock wafting out, is an experience guaranteed to have me smiling from ear to ear while I sing along with the familiar lyrics. Anyone who has never understood the hold prog rock has on us who came of age during the 70s only has to listen to this.

No comments: