Monday, August 20, 2007

Boxst in

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity of being a passenger in a Boxster.

Impressive acceleration, beautifully designed dashboard (I was most impressed with the mobile phone integration. The car has its own SIM and the owner can flip his phone number between the SIM in his phone and the one in his car by entering a simple code), excellent sat nav but dear me! The noise!

Engine right behind you, roaring and whining away and if that wasn't bad enough the road noise added to the thrumming ear bashing throughout the journey which, furthermore, was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. I guess you don't buy a sports car for comfort, but the seats look really plush and relaxing. They aren't.

To the extent I ever had any "sports car days" they can be said to be over. This is one "luxury item" that it definitely isn't worth remortgaging my house for.

1 comment:

Tvor said...

The most sporty car i've ever been in was probably a corvette. And a very small Triumph of one sort or another. That i got into but had trouble getting out of. Don't ask.