Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday Five

I don't know where Diane keeps getting these from, but I love 'em and I'm gonna keep on shamelessly nicking them as long as she does.

1. What is your local lake/river/sea?
Ah. That would be the River Irwell. A rather sad little stream that runs around the centre of Manchester and Salford. Famous for pollution, rusty bikes and discarded supermarket trollies, and for at least part of its course, it disappears under several tons of concrete in the aforementioned urban conurbations. But never mind, the Lake District is less than an hour's drive away, and once you're there you can take your pick from dozens of lakes!

2. Do you believe in dragons and unicorns?
Not on this planet, but I believe in the ones on Pern.

3. What is your favorite fruit?
Blueberry.

4. Do you smoke?
No. I grew up in a house of smokers. Sometimes the air was so blue with it you couldn't see the telly. I hate it. Hate the smell, hate the taste. Always vowed I would never start, and I never have. Played around with cigars on holiday once when I was 19, but I still hated it and never inhaled.

5. Friday fill-in:
Together they would _____ .
make a pair.

3 comments:

Tvor said...

There's a community on Livejournal that posts the questions each week.

Pern!!! You're a fan!? I've read most of the Pern books aside from one or two of the more recent ones.
thye older ones are the best!

Digger said...

A fan? I used to wait avidly for the next dragon book to be published. Yes, the older ones are definitely better, although I enjoyed the middling ones where they found Aivas and explained the dragon genetics and the connection with the fire lizards.

Nowadays I'm disappointed there was never a rider who had a penchant for double entendres. She could have called him F'narr.

Tvor said...

F'narr hahahaha You know, when i was first on the internet as Tvor, i've had Pern fans ask me if it was a Pern name i had made up for myself! Yes the Aivas books were good too. I haven't read any pern books in awhile now. The poor old dear is getting pretty old and creaky and i think her cowriter does most of the work these days.