Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Skirting around the subject

I've been on leave this week as you may have realised by now, spending some time with my daughters but also trying and, in the main, failing to make some progress decorating the study.

However in fits and starts over the last five days I have at last managed to affix the skirting board which I cut to size recently, to fill the largest of the gaps between it and the wall, and to sand this filler down ready for painting.

The room is really starting to take shape now even though it still looks like a building site. Propped up in the corner are a dozen lengths of quadrant moulding that still needs to be fitted along the bottom of the boards to prevent draughts soiling the carpet edges, but apart from that I'm almost ready to start the gloss painting, which is the final job that needs to be done before the carpet is fitted. This project has been on the go since before our housewarming party at the end of May, so I'm really glad the end is in sight!

No comments: