Friday, February 15, 2008

No showers in the forecast

It's been a week since the plumber put his back out. Still no word. Still no shower. Jinxed, I tell you. Jinked.

This week's Friday Five:

1. Favorite shoes?
Good grief. I'm a bloke. I don't think about shoes until they fall apart. My "favourite" ones are the ones that are closest to the door when I'm on my way out.

2. What time does the sun set near you?
It tends to be around the same time as when it gets dark.

3. Do you like spending time in the sun?
Love it.

4. Do you burn or tan?
What a ridiculous question. *No-one* needs to burn if they take it slowly enough. Most people don't, but that doesn't mean it's inevitable, no matter what your "skin type." And it hacks me off when you get back from holiday and people say you've got a "nice sunburn" when they mean tan.

5. Monopoly: yay! or no way!
Used to be a yay! (ahh, those Monopoly weekends. Where did they go?) Last few times I've played it, it's been boring as all hell. Don't suppose I'll play again. Unless I have grand-kids one day...

1 comment:

Tvor said...

Some really fair people never ever tan or very barely. No matter how careful i am with the sunscreen, there will inevitably be a day or a time through the summer when something gets a bit of a burn, my nose or a spot i missed with the lotion. I have cousins that just get brown no matter whether they use sunscreen or not.