Monday, September 21, 2009

Half way-t

Today marks the 6-week anniversary of my manuscript submission as a result of Query 44. The agent's quoted turn-round time for reading a full manuscript is twelve weeks, so I'm half way through the wait. Half wayt.

I don't know their modus operandi. Is it queued, waiting for a reader? Is it with a reader, and they're half-way through? Do they use more than one reader to gain a consensus? Have they already read it, and made a decision, but not got to the part where they send the email yet?

It hardly ever leaves my mind, my story. Out there in the big wide world, trying to impress someone who could make it famous, or condemn it to a few more months or years gathering dust on my hard drive. Proponents of positive thinking claim you can influence events by envisioning the outcome you desire, so I do spend a few minutes each day "seeing" myself responding to their positive email; signing a contract; telling family and friends about publication dates. Right now, it's still a dream. But everyone needs a dream, right?

1 comment:

Blythe said...

Eeeeee *excited noise*

Is just about all I can muster right now :D