Saturday, July 28, 2007

Studious activities

The study comes on apace - we jaunted briefly out to B&Q today for some knotting compound as I'll shortly be in a position to fix the skirting board and there are quite a few knots that'll need sealing before I can paint it. We also needed some damp stain sealant. Even though the roof is now fixed, three coats of white emulsion on the ceiling have proved insufficient to cover up the stain and I'm finally persuaded we need some heavy-duty speciality paint for the job.

That's going on today, along with the first coat of colour on Nikki's walls. It's all starting to come together and we're now beginning to wonder if we could possibly finish in time to have the carpet fitted during the week I have off in August. At least I hope I have it off - my manager has yet to agree to it!

No comments: