Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday Five

1. Last party you went to?
Ian's 50th. His local had asked him what he wanted and he said "Armarda" (a local band) so they arranged it, and we all had pride of place on the platform in the main room. Great night.

2. Do you pee in the shower?
What a strange question. Of course. Doesn't everybody? ;o)

3. Have you ever fired a gun?
Yes. Started with an air rifle when I was 14, shooting targets and cans in the back garden. When I went up to Uni I spotted a shooting club and thought it would be fun. They used .22 rifles, but after one session I decided I couldn't get on with all the strapping and paraphernalia they made us use. I didn't go back.

4. Where do you call home?
Whalley Range, Manchester. It's the third time I've lived here and this time (I hope) is for keeps. Or at least as long as either of us are fit and healthy enough to live in a large(ish) house and keep it up.

5. What's your favourite board game?
The one I've played most often would have to be Monopoly, but I used to enjoy Cluedo too. We went through a spate with Trivial Pursuit (around the same time everyone else did) but it was never a favourite. As a kid, I loved Ludo and Snakes and Ladders too. I was a bit of a board game nerd in my twenties, and bought loads of interesting-looking new games like Kensington, 2001, and one I can't remember the name of that had stackable pieces which could move one square for each level of the stack. None of them ever really took off in a big way and I gave up trying to find someone to play with after a few years. Sad but true :(

3 comments:

Tvor said...

my 20 year old niece loves board games. I have a Corrie themed monopoly and Trivial Pursuit but living alone at the moment, nobody to play with. Also like to play cribbage but same t hing. I am going to teach Graham how to play that one of these days. I have my dad's lovely wood and plexiglass crib board and i want to use it.

Digger said...

Ahh I love cribbage too. Only reason I didn't mention it is it's more of a card game, even though you score on a board. Nikki & I used to play a lot. I bought her a posh lacquered crib board (imported from the States) for Christmas a year or two ago, but it's too good to use lol. I also have an antique brass one that's been in the family for ages.

Tvor said...

The one i have is hand made, a wooden base but with a layer of clear plexiglass over with the holes drilled and painted colours. The pegs are brass lathed ones with a little colour strip around it though there's one missing. Dad taught me how to play when i was a kid but nobody else in the family likes to play cards. i'm not a great player but i do like it. Gra likes to play board games and things so i think he'll take to it.