Saturday, July 12, 2008

And so it starts

Even such a cold, Northerly room as this has only taken a week to dry out. Look:

Aided by the ventilation of the fireplace, we're ready for painting a week earlier than scheduled. On top of that, I've stolen a march on proceedings by sanding the picture rail and the cornice this week, so apart from a bit of washing down with the old sugar soap, we're good to go.

Had a slight wobble when I couldn't find my pole. It makes painting ceilings so much easier when you don't have to climb up and down a ladder, or walk along a plank. But I couldn't remember where I put it. At least, I *could* remember, but it wasn't there. And it wasn't in any of the other logical places it could be either. And then I found it. In the place I thought I'd put it in the... err... first place. I just didn't look hard enough, if you know what I mean.

I dunno. Going blind now as well as deaf. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Gloria Horsehound said...

Blind?
Deaf?
The forgetting of your Poles position?
Sounds like you've inhaled too many chemicals, lad.