Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Cool number plates

I don't usually rave about "personalised" (aka "treasured") number plates on cars, but just occasionally you see a right good one. I've sometimes dreamed of having one of my own. It would have to be something like D19 GER, or D199 ERS (or substitute 6s for the 9s) but that would almost fall into the category of those awful contrivances that you have to *really* think about before they make any sense, and then you wish you hadn't bothered.

But today on the M60 I saw a classic example of an understated "cool" plate. You often find the wittiest ones on tradesman's cars and vans and this was one of those. Can't remember if it was a plumber or a decorator but the number was N15 JOB. Love it.

My all-time favourite though is one that I pass regularly (it parks kerbside in one of the towns I pass through when I'm picking up or dropping off my daughters). It's SU51 SKA, but it's spaced out abnormally (and, I should add, illegally) with a strategically placed black screw cap, so it looks more like: SUSI'S KA. It is, of course, attached to a Ford Ka. Class.

2 comments:

Tvor said...

Susi's ka, nice one. the other one... not sure i'm interpreting it right. as in "Nice job"? NI5 for NIS? I don't know anyone with a "vanity" plate as they're called here, you do see them around but not a lot of them really jump out at me. My sister always tries to make words out of the normal plate letters so as to remember it. ours are AAA 999 format. Her's is DTZ which she says is appropriate, DITZ! she has more blonde moments than most :)

Anonymous said...

Check http://www.pl8myride.com/ for more cool ideas.