Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Five and the rads arrive

I really feel like there's been some progress with the study this last week. Getting the "proper" colour on the walls last weekend helped, then making a start with the skirting board - even having it propped up against the newly painted walls gave an impression of how it will look - and the roof being fixed yesterday. It's like we're on the home straight even though there's still a lot of work to be done.

Today our plumber Andy arrived to fix the new low-profile radiators, with new thermostatic valves. I'd asked him to move the pipes away from the skirting too - the old radiators were mounted way too close to the wall, which made decorating utterly impossible. With the new brackets fixed in the second position, and the radiators slightly higher on the wall, access to both the wall and the skirting board for painting will be a lot easier.


Looks like I've caught up with Di on the Friday Fives - this week we're on the same page:

1. Tea or coffee?
Coffee first thing in the morning (and real coffee at the weekend is a treat), but if I drink too much it does something weird to my throat, and in any case I prefer tea for the rest of the day. If I'm working at home I'll mash a pot and make it last the whole day (by taking the tea bags out after I've poured the first cup).

2. Do you speak your mind?
Not unless I'm sure the audience can take it. But on important things, family and close friends, always. Hiding what you really feel is not healthy.

3. What is your escape?
I love to go to the sea. Doesn't matter where. Just to hear the waves and watch the swell.

4. When is the last time you cried?
Shed a tear? This afternoon. Cried, like bawled? Last Friday.

5. What are your bedtime rituals?
Last minute check of emails, set the house alarm, have a wee, undress, make sure the clock alarm is set right for the morning.

No comments: