Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I've seen the sign!

The petrol station was busy when I filled up today and I was sat in the queue for quite a while twiddling my thumbs and gazing aimlessly about like you do. People watching. And reading every sign and billboard in view.

Eventually I spotted a sign on the pillar between pumps:

"Don't Commit Crime!"

And in smaller letters underneath, something about how all petrol must be paid for.

So I thought sure, that makes sense. Here's a guy who pulls up at the pump, intending to fill his car and then do a runner. He's a petrol thief. He's maybe not even bothered that his number is on the CCTV because it's a stolen car. He starts to fill up and then he spots the sign.

"Don't Commit Crime!"

And he thinks "Oh, my God! You're right! I mustn't do this! It's wrong!" And he totally changes his mind, finishes filling the car, and walks over to the kiosk to do his civic and legal duty and pay for his petrol.

And on his way over to the kiosk, he notices a flock of pigs flying by at about two thousand feet.

No comments: